BUSINESS LAW & OUTSIDE GENERAL COUNSEL
Matt Thiry Law, LLC offers value to businesses young and old by providing outside general counsel services. In many cases, these businesses do not have enough day-to-day business law needs to justify having an attorney on staff; however, they have sufficient needs that having an experienced legal advisor on stand-by can really make a difference.
Whether you need help forming your business, negotiating and drafting contracts, structuring employment covenants, etc., Matt can help you through the process, and, in doing so, can provide you the peace of mind associated with having someone that understands both business and law working together with you to achieve your goals.
Matt takes pride in working closely with his clients. He feels it is essential to a successful working relationship that he take the time to learn the ins-and-outs of his clients’ businesses so that he can best understand their needs and can integrate and assist in the implementation of solutions that assist his clients’ continued success.
Regardless of the industry, Matt will take the time to understand the needs and risks his clients are facing, and pragmatically help craft strategy and solutions. Being proactive, rather than reactive, Matt assists clients in addressing legal concerns as soon as possible, while understanding that business must move forward and that legal must work to assist that forward movement, instead of preventing it.
Examples of Matter:
- Entity formation and advice
- Articles of Organization or Incorporation
- Contracts (see Contracts below)
- Franchisee representation
- Business valuation matters
Matt Thiry Law, LLC strives to assure that its clients understand the agreement being signed, and that the agreement achieves the client’s objectives. Matt appreciates the importance of contracts, and enjoys negotiating and drafting agreements to suit a wide-array of client needs.
Examples of the types of agreements Matt has prepared include:
- Governing documents for entities:
- Shareholders Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Limited Liability Company Operating Agreements
- Business to Business (B2B) Contracts:
- Agreements for the Sale of Goods
- Agreements for the Sale of Services
- Master Service Agreements
- Scope of Work Agreements
- Distribution Agreements
- Consulting Agreements
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- White Label Service Agreements
- Staffing Agreements
- Licensing Agreements / End User License Agreements
- Construction Agreements
- Technology Agreements
- Non-Disclosure / Confidentiality Agreements
- Employment Agreements
- Restrictive Covenants (e.g. non-compete and non-solicitation)
- Severance Agreements
- Release Agreements
- Indemnity Agreements
- Development Agreements
- Forbearance Agreements
- Terms and Conditions
- Work for Hire Agreements